How to make an diy hourglass clock out of plastic bottle
Diy hourglass timer clock was a fun events.Hourglass making activity for our preschool students
Hello science fanciers. In this activity, we are going to make an hourglass clock together. Hourglass is a device to measure short time intervals.
Necessary Materials for the Activity:
- Two pieces of 250 ml. plastic bottle
- Salt (or sifted soil)
- Packaging Tape
- Three pieces of wooden sticks (same size with two plastic bottles)
- Gouache or watercolor paint
- A timekeeper
- Make a hole on one of the bottle tops with the help of a nail.
- Put some salt into one of the bottles, close up the bottle with the holey top.
- Tape the plastic bottles firmly as the tops of them face each other and check the flow of the sand.
- Cut two circles in twelve diameters out of cardboard by using compasses and scissors and glue these circles to the bottom of plastic bottles.
- Glue three pieces of wooden sticks vertically to the cardboard by leaving equal space among one another.
- You can paint the hourglass with gouache or watercolors and ornament as you wish.