This page includes rainbow sensory activities that I prepared for my daughter. While we were looking forward to seeing our rainbow material, our new theme was rainbow J We spent great time with colorful rice 🙂
- Yellow and green-colored sand
- Moon sand
- Food dye
- Zip lock bag
- First, we colored rice with food dye.
How to color rice at home?
- Fill almost half of the zip lock bag with rice.
- If you use powder food dye, put as much as powder food dye to cover a toothpick.
- Then close the zip lock bag and mix it with your hand to spread food dye and leave it to dry.
- For these kinds of activities, you can buy cost-efficient stale rice from wholesalers and organize great activities for your children without wasting materials. You will love one more beautiful than the other art crafts that your children create with multicolored rice that you have given them. Development of tactual sense is especially important for young age groups and these sensory activities are very efficient in developing their self –expression.
- Sensory play education enables children to explore the world around themselves, to perceive similarities and differences, to gain various experiences by expanding their imagination; it contributes to language development as they learn new words and concepts. It is also important for the development of fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- We placed the rice that we colored according to the rainbow colors. We tried to give a different appearance to the mountains with buckwheat. We used the mixture of yellow and green sand for the other ground. We prepared the bicycle road with grey moon sand. You can check our article named ‘How to Make Moon Sand at Home (Winter Sensory Bin out of Moon Sand) from our web site for detailed information about moon sand. Lastly, we used cotton for clouds. ?
- We made matching and transition activities by reviewing colors with pompoms. We talked a lot about rainbows. We had so much fun ?
Homeschool montessori rice sensory play
Today’s rainy day activity is coloured rice.
Super simple to make and it keeps this little one entertained for hours.
You will need:
- Food dye
- Baking paper
- Put some rice in a snap lock bag
- Squeeze a couple of drops of the dye in
- Add about a quarter of a cup of vinegar
shake shake shake
- C flat on baking paper lined trays to dry(I left mine outside for 24 hours).
Store in plastic containers when finished to use again and again.